![]() |
| Venice, 2011 |
When I realized that we would be spending a lot of time on Oahu this year, one concern I had was not having a bike. Cross training on my mountain bike has worked great for me over the past couple of years. So, without further delay, I'd like to introduce Vita!
This is a Specialized fitness/hybrid bike called the Vita Sport. The tires are smaller than my mountain bike's but bigger than a road bike. Hawaiian roads are not always in the best condition, so Les thought this would be a perfect fit. From Specialized's website: "With its lightweight frame and efficient gearing, you’ll become a speedy, hill-climbing machine, while vibration-damping Zertz take the edge off any rough roads." I'm going to have to become a hill-climbing machine just to get back to our house! This is the last little climb, but anytime the road changes from asphalt to concrete that means it is super steep! This one gets up to about 15%.
I took her for a short spin this morning and felt like I was flying. So much lighter than my mountain bike. I didn't go far, I noticed my seat was a little too low which was putting pressure on my knees. I don't need to mess those up! I know it's an easy fix, but I want Les to help me get it right.
![]() |
| The first of many pictures of Vita with Diamond Head in the background |
Mia Bella Vita is Italian for My Beautiful Life. I have to say that is a perfect description! I don't have a perfect life, but it is beautiful. I'm looking forward to many beautiful miles on my new ride. And since we're going to Italy (and Greece and Turkey) in May, I now have an Italian phrase to use!
How often do you cross train and what do you do?





Congrats on your bike! You know I love mine and ride it often. Sadly, yesterday I crashed after slipping on a mud puddle. I'm ok, just sore and scraped. But the good thing is I was wearing a helmet. BTW, I did finish my ride.
ReplyDeleteHave fun but be careful!
Glad you're okay. My husband has crushed big a few times, no broken bones, just lots of road rash and one helicopter ride (who needs kids when I've got him giving me gray hair?) His helmet has cracked each time, but we gladly replace those - can't replace a cracked brain.
DeleteYou are definitely the mom to teenagers - "have fun but be careful" was my mom's favorite saying!
Heal quickly!
Take me with you to Italy! P.s I miss keeping in touch with you! Hope all is well.
ReplyDelete- Anali
Start planning now for your 25th anniversary! It will be here before you know it.
Delete