Disclaimer

This blog is about my running experience. I am not a physician, nutritionist or personal trainer. I am a runner. I do not know it all. I am only writing from my own experiences. I finished my first marathon on June 3, 2012. Who knows where my feet will take me next!

Sunday, September 20, 2015

M4T W10

This is week 10 of training. You'll be moving your tempo running up to 6 miles in a 12 mile run. You'll also head to the track for a session of Yasso 800s. The workout, which involves running half-mile repeats close to 5-K pace, was developed by Bart Yasso of Runner's World. It's best to do this workout at a track, but you can also do it on a treadmill or a flat, traffic-free stretch of road.

You now have the option of running on Sunday if you feel recovered from last week's work and yesterday's long run. 

Sunday - Rest Day

Monday - 4 miles easy (10:35 pace)

Tuesday - Intervals - Yasso 800s 9-10 miles

2-mile warmup
6-8 x 800 @ 4:00 with 400-meter recovery
2-mile cooldown

Wednesday - 3 miles easy (10:35 pace)

Thursday - 4 miles hills (10:35 pace)

Friday - Rest day

Saturday - LSD 12 miles w/6 @Tempo
3-mile warmup
6 miles @ Tempo (8:33/mile)
3-mile cooldown

Total planned miles 33

No comments:

Post a Comment