Disclaimer

This blog is about my running experience. I am not a physician, nutritionist or personal trainer. I am a runner. I do not know it all. I am only writing from my own experiences. I finished my first marathon on June 3, 2012. Who knows where my feet will take me next!

Monday, January 25, 2016

Fourth Annual Runs for Cookies Virtual 5k


First, Happy birthday to Katie of Runs for Cookies!  If you are not a reader of her blog, I highly recommend you check her out.  In honor of her birthday, today was the Fourth Annual Runs for Cookies Virtual 5k.


I had some doubts about my pace for this morning.  I wanted a sub 30 minute, but last week after running Tantalus I was pretty sore for a couple of day.  Since I ran the reverse loop on Saturday I thought I would be sore again, but I wasn't sore at all this time.  I got up, turned my music on and headed out:

Mile 1 = 9:00
Mile 2 = 9:09
Mile 3 = 9:09
0.1  = 9:01

Total 3.11 miles in  28:11, 9:04 pace!  I ran this at Ala Moana Park, which is completely flat.  It was also very calm this morning.  A rain storm blew in about an hour later.  I had a max power of 250 watts (during the last 10th of a mile) with an average of 207.5.  That is my highest average yet!  My average heart rate was 155 with a max of 167.  A great start to my week!


Several hours later...

I was at the Ala Moana shopping center after lunch and realized I ran, but no cookie.  The Cookie Corner took care of that!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, there's nothing better than cookies after a great run! Well, maybe beer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This place kills me - you can smell the cookies 10 stores away!

      Delete
  2. That place looks amazing. After a good run I would probably eat half the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took several minutes and lots of restraint to narrow my choices!

      Delete