Disclaimer

This blog is about my running experience. I am not a physician, nutritionist or personal trainer. I am a runner. I do not know it all. I am only writing from my own experiences. I finished my first marathon on June 3, 2012. Who knows where my feet will take me next!

Friday, May 6, 2016

What's Up?

I really don't like to start a post with an apology/explanation.  I don't make any money off this blog, it's not my job, but I also know I disappeared for over a month!  Everything is fine, I've just been busy.  This seems to be my blog mode when I am not in full on training mode.  The past four weeks would have looked pretty much the same:

Ran, rode my bike, ran, rode my bike, ran...


In the middle of that we also flew home to California for a few weeks. Les then flew to Tennessee and met up with his brother for their annual Georgia Bike Camp - a week of riding and hanging out with a bunch of guys.  I enjoyed being in my own home with my own bed and my own kitchen!  I didn't run much because I left both pairs of good running shoes in Hawaii and with my size 5 feet picking up a pair at a local store never happens.  I also turned 52 while we were home.

Pre-flight ride to Makapu'u lookout

We are now back on Oahu and I've been running and riding.  Oh, and I have a 10k race on Sunday!  I'm pretty under-trained, but I still plan to run it.  $10 for club members so I couldn't pass it up.

Next up?  Les and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this month.  We're celebrating big with a two week trip to Europe!  We booked this about a year ago and I am so excited that it is finally here.  We leave on Thursday, May 19th, flying nonstop LAX to Rome.  After a few days in Rome we will meet Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas for a 9 night Greek Isles cruise.  Our first stop is Sicily and we are mountain biking up Mt. Etna!  This is our third cruise and I am really looking forward to shutting everything else off and just relaxing with Les. 


I don't really worry about gaining weight when we travel because we've always done R & R & R - rest, relaxation and recreation! We got engaged at Yosemite, after a hike, so that should have been an indication of what life with Les McElhaney was going to be like.


I said I'd follow him anywhere, I just had no idea we'd actually go everywhere!

Are you married to an adventurer/travel lover?  Best trip you've ever taken?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not married to an adventure lover, which made our most recent trip all the more interesting. We had a blast. You know what, life is an adventure!

    How long is that flight from LAX to Rome?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is definitely an adventure! You have kids, too, so that makes you doubly adventurous!

      The flight is 13 hours. The only other time we traveled to Europe our flight home was delayed several hours, which meant we missed our connection in New York. 28 hours later we were finally home. That makes 13 hours sound a lot shorter!

      Delete